- The treatment of onychomycosis (Nail Fungus) to result in healthy nail growth. This will be a permanent cure unless the nail is re-infected.
- In most cases there are only 3 treatments required and you do not need to apply any other ointments, creams or take any tablets in conjunction.
- You can go back to your normal daily activities and nail care following the treatment.
- There have been no incidences of burns or over-treatments in all clinical studies done. Laser safety procedures are followed to make this a very safe procedure. However, the laser does produce a hot light which does have the potential to cause a superficial nail or skin burn.
- There are no studies to prove that the treatment is safe during pregnancy, so this contraindicates laser treatment.
- Your Podiatrist will assess you individually if you have diabetes, neuropathy or decreased sensation of the toes. These conditions also contraindicate laser treatment.
- The treatment may not work for you. It may be that the heat cannot penetrate through to the nail bed adequately due to the excessively thickened or misshapen nails. In this case the treatment would be repeated. There is around 20 – 30% chance that this treatment will not work for you.
- There is a risk of re-infection especially if post care instructions are not followed and/or old habits are re-introduced.